Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Genealogy Goals Recap

Research

  • Finish list of people to check in 1940 census. Done.
  • Develop research plan for Lewis County, West Virginia. I've did the research needed to put together the plan, but haven't sat down to write it yet. Look for it in the coming week.
Writing
  • Finish outline for budget genealogy book. Done.
  • Review one genealogy book. It should be up within a couple days.
Education
  • Finish January's assignments for US Records Study Group and do February assignments. January is done and I'm working on February's assignments, which should be ready in a day or two.
  • Read one genealogy book. I'm almost finished with Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor by Bertram Hawthorne Greene. Look for a review in the coming month.
Other
  • Get new laptop set up. Due to our tax refund being delayed, I ended up not getting my laptop until yesterday afternoon. Since we've also been dealing with replacing the hot water heater (a major pain since it's in the corner of the kitchen surrounded by cabinets), I haven't got to spend as much time as I would have liked with the new laptop. It will probably be a few more days before I get everything fully loaded. Then I get to tackle rearranging the room which serves as my genea-cave, personal library and shared computer room to make it more functional because the current arrangement isn't working for us.
  • Join NGS. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment