Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Genealogy Goals

Wow, I can't believe it's already March. It's almost time for the 1940 census and I can't wait. I've got my list ready and I'm chomping at the bit to get started. Let's just hope that noone decided to move on me. I know the Sweats were especially bad about moving, seems like they were somewhere new every census.

Research
  • Develop research plan for Wetzel County, West Virginia. I'm going heavy on the research plans for WV counties because I'll be traveling there next month and I want to make sure I'm ready.
  • Finish list of microfilms to request from Family History Center.
Writing
  • Eight blog posts per month. Two here will be catchup posts from last month-a book review and a research plan.
  • Start narrowing down the family I want to write a family history book on. This is going to be a tough one because there are so many I want to write about.
Education
  • Do March's assignment for the US Records Study Group.
  • Read one genealogy book.
  • Watch one webinar.
 Volunteer
  • Revisit local library and make a list of lookups I can offer. (continued from January)
  • Volunteer to index 1940 census. 
Other
  • Finish rearranging genea-cave and get pictures up.

No comments:

Post a Comment