Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Here-The New Laptop Has Finally Arrived!

My new laptop arrived today. I can't wait to get all my genealogy stuff loaded so I can get back to work. Since my old computer crashed several weeks ago, I've been making do with an older system we had. It hasn't been fun, especially since it was a lot less functional.

After shopping around, I finally settled on a HP Pavilion dm4-2180us from Staples. With the sale price and a rebate, it came to $479.99 plus tax. It has an Intel Core i5-2430m processor (2.4 GHz), 6 GB memory and 640 GB hard drive. It's lightweight, less than 5 pounds, and even comes with a fingerprint scanner for security. The battery is good for up to 8 hours, which will be nice when traveling with it.

With the new computer, I'm doing a redesign of the room where I have my genea-cave. Even though it hasn't been that long since we set the room up, it's not working for us. Since I have to share space with my home library and my husband and daughter's computers, we need the room to be functional. Once we get it set back up, I'll finally take the pictures I was planning to post after we moved.

1 comment: