Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Feature: My Genealogy Library

As I've mentioned before, I love books. I read just about everything. Recently I've been working on expanding my personal genealogy library. I've added traditional and digital books on everything from how to do genealogy to local histories and genealogies.

Some books were based on recommendations from other genealogists. Others were stumbled across in the course of researching. A few were found by searching for books on a specific area or family. All are helpful to my research and to my goal of becoming a professional genealogist.

Some of the books currently in my library. The big blue binder on the left side is my education binder and the black box on the right side is my index file

I have put together a list of all the genealogy books currently in my library and shared it here. Just click the "My Genealogy Library" tab just under the header to get to it. The books are divided by topic area for easier finding. Since one of my goals for this year is to read at least one genealogy book and review it every month, you will notice that some books have links to a review. As I review each book, I'll add a link to it.

It is my hope that this list will be helpful for others building their genealogy library. If you need a lookup in one of the books, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment