Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Genealogy Goals

I can't believe the year is almost over already.

Research
  • Send out letters to members of my paternal line asking for information, documents and pictures.
  • Continue work on family wiki.
Organization
  • Now that my paper files are in order, it's time to start organizing my digital files. Thanks to my husband fighting the Black Friday crowd, I now have a 640 GB portable hard drive. I'll be setting up a digital filing system on it and moving all my genealogy and picture files to it.
  • Set up a location for filing in progress research. I have a wall file organizer that should work for this. It will allow me to keep in progress files within reach without having to dig them out of my main files every time I go to work on them.
Writing
  • Since National Blog Posting Month has shown I can do daily posts (on one blog at least), I've decided there's no excuse for only two posts per week. While I can do daily posts, I found that I spent more time writing than researching. I decided on 15 posts for the month or one every other day. I'm not setting the same goal for my other blog, but I should have several guest posts going live there this month.
  • Develop research plan for family of paternal 3rd great grandfather James William Radcliff.
Education
  • Update education binder. I've been so focused on getting my genealogy files in order that I neglected to keep my education binder up to date. I need to get in the syllabi and notes from the Georgia Family History Expo, notes from a couple webinars I've watched and printouts of some great blog posts I've read recently.
  • Stalk mailman for special handouts from Arlene Eakle due to arrive sometime this month.
Other
  • Finish filling out 38 generation pedigree chart so I can get it framed and up on the wall.
  • Get pictures of ancestors printed and framed so I can hang them with my pedigree chart.

1 comment:

  1. Dee great goals and very inspiring! Need to work on some myself.Not sure how much I will get done in Dec though!

    ReplyDelete