Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Genealogy Goals Recap

Research

Revisit local library when I have time to devote at least a couple hours to the North Carolina Room (aka the genealogy room). Continued from last month.
Done. The post about it will be up within a week.

Continue work on family wiki.
Done.

Organization

Continue setting up genealogy filing system I started in September. You can read about it here. I ended up running out of supplies but I bought more over the weekend so this is the month it gets completely set up.
Done. All of my major surnames now have files and I have files for most of my lesser surnames. I did run into one problem that I didn't see coming. I wrote about it here.

Writing

This month I've decided to participate in National Blog Posting Month, where I commit to a post per day for the entire month.
Whew! This was a tough one. I did manage daily posts here at Ancestrally Challenged. Unfortunately, I neglected my other blog to do it. I'm not sure about continuing daily posts, but I probably will step up my posting frequency.

Education

Attend Georgia Family History Expo November 11th and 12th.
Done. I also wrote posts about the first day, the second day and the exhibitors. For those wanting to put a face to the writer, I even broke down and put a picture of me up in the post on the second day. .

Continue with US Records Study Group.
Since pretty much everyone in the group has a lot of stuff going on right now and it is the holiday season, we have decided to keep at our first few assignments and resume full steam at the beginning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment