- Determine who the parents of my great great grandfather James Thomas Hayes are and where he is buried.
- Determine exactly when my great great grandmother Minnie L Rice Hayes passed and where she is buried.
- Determine if Bonnie Lee Radcliff and Lenia Pearl Radcliff were actually twins or if there was an error in the birth records.
- Determine who the parents of Thomas Vanzandt were as well as his exactly date of death.
- Determine parents of husband's great great grandparents Joseph Koch Sr and Therese Ospelt Koch.
- Continue transcription project of all vital records for my WV surnames.
- Look into ordering death certificates for those individuals in my tree that I do not have a date of death or am missing information on parents.
- Look into alternative record sources instead of only census, immigration, military and vital records.
- Visit at least one archive or genealogy library.
- Visit local libraries to see what they have to offer that may be helpful in my genealogy research.
- Continue with project to rebuild family tree from scratch adding only those people that I have sources to back up their addition.
- Make sure I have copies of all sources with citations.
- Make sure all sources I already have copies of have citations.
- See if there is a way to do a timeline for the entire family tree with one of my family tree programs. If not, begin compiling one.
- Get all photographs scanned in and labeled.
- Consistently use my research logs to avoid repeating searches.
- Write at least three blog posts a week for both of my blogs. One of the three posts here at Ancestrally Challenged can be a daily blogging theme.
- Participate in a genealogy blog carnival.
- Attend at least one genealogy conference.
- Take at least six family history-related classes or webinars.
- Look into joining a genealogy society.
- Look into professional certification.
I know it seems like a lot, but I plan to break these goals down into more manageable chunks for my monthly goals. With luck and some perseverance, by this time next year, I will hopefully be able to check everything off.