Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans in My Tree

In honor of Veteran's Day, I thought I'd share the military heroes found in my family tree. Since some of the veterans are still living (some still serving), I have chosen to list only their relationship and not their names. This is not all the veterans in my family tree, only the ones I have uncovered so far. Hopefully by next year, I will have uncovered more.

Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan
  • My cousin
  • My cousin's wife
  • My nephew
Vietnam War
  • Bobby Gene Hayes Sr, my cousin
  • Donald Ray Rhodes, my cousin. Killed in action
  • Harlin Asa Radcliff Jr, my cousin
World War II
  • Earnest C Hayes, brother to my maternal great grandmother Alice Isabel Hayes Sweat. Killed in action at Iwo Jima
  • Henry Eugene Hayes, brother to my maternal great grandmother Alice Isabel Hayes Sweat
  • Roy Ethridge Hayes, brother to my maternal great grandmother Alice Isabel Hayes Sweat
  • Walter Henry Vanzandt, brother to my maternal great grandfather Clyde Thomas Vanzandt
  • Everett S Vanzandt, brother to my maternal great grandfather Clyde Thomas Vanzandt
  • Clark Sutter, maternal step great grandfather
  • Argial Waitman Carson, paternal great grandfather 
  • Harlin Asa Radcliff Sr, brother of my paternal great grandfather
  • My cousin
World War I
  • Frank E King, paternal 2nd great grandfather.
Civil War
  • Oliver Perry Register, maternal 3rd great grandfather. Confederate
  • Burrell B Sweat, brother to maternal 4th great grandfather John Franklin Sweat. Confederate.
  • Roland Sweat, brother to maternal 3rd great grandfather John Franklin Sweat. Confederate.
  • John Guess Rice, maternal 5th great grandfather. Confederate. Died in Fort Delaware Prison.
  • Frederick Grossenbacher, paternal 4th great grandfather. Union
  • James A Carson, paternal 4th great grandfather. Union
  • Aaron William Radcliff, paternal 3rd great grandfather. Union
Indian Wars
  • William T Sweat, maternal 5th great grandfather
    American Revolutionary War
    • John Register, maternal 7th great grandfather
    • Benjamin Register, maternal 8th great grandfather
    • Aaron Adam Rice, maternal 7th great grandfather
    • William Rhoden, maternal 8th great grandfather
    • Nathaniel Sweat, maternal 6th great grandfather
    Unknown
    • John Cason, husband of my maternal great aunt Linda Faye Sweat Cason. Military gravestone marker says US Army

      No comments:

      Post a Comment