Monday, February 28, 2011

February Genealogy Goals Recap

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. This month's planned goals got derailed by illness. I was the (un)lucky recipient of both the respiratory and the stomach bug that have been going around. I'm feeling better now, but disappointed that I didn't get as much accomplished this month as I had planned.


Extract all Radcliff (and variations) vital records for Wetzel County.

Extract all Neal (and variations) vital records for Gilmer County.

Visit local library to explore genealogy-related holdings.
Researched online catalog to see what they had, but didn't get a chance to actually visit. You can read about the library website here.

Develop research plan for determining parents and burial location of James Thomas Hayes.
Done. Posted here. Suggestions and/or critiques welcome.


Continue going through my sources to make sure I have citations for everything.
Almost finished with source copies I had previously. Now I just need to make it a habit to write down my citation as soon as the copy prints.

Continue building timeline of vital events for individuals in my family tree.
Still in progress.


Write 12 posts a month for both blogs.
Didn't happen again. I think I'm going to lower my goal to 8 per month until I do it consistently, then increase the number.

Write a few evergreen blog posts for both blogs for use when I don't feel like writing or am too busy to post.
I have a couple that are in progress. I'll finish them up next month and try to make a goal of one evergreen post per month after that to ensure I always have some in reserve.


Make a list of genealogy societies to research for possible membership.


Index at least 2,000 names for FamilySearch.

It wasn't on the goal list for the month, but I viewed the Google for Genealogists webinar. I'm pretty familiar with Google, but I still learned new stuff. If you get the chance, definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment